Anatomy of an O-Ring Screw
At APM Hexseal, we specialize in creating uniquely powerful fasteners for multiple applications. Our Seelskrew® product is the original self-sealing O-ring screw designed to create an impenetrable seal that blocks water, lubricants, gases, air, and other fluids. We provide this specialty seal screw in a variety of thread sizes and sealing materials. The Seelskrew® can also be supplied with self-locking patches, pellets, and strips to reduce the risk of vibration breaking the seal.
Advantages of APM Hexseal’s O-Ring Screws
Our O-ring screws bring an extensive list of advantages, including:
- Sealing Power. The Seelskrew® has a pressure-sealing rating of up to 20,000 psi to keep out fluids.
- Protection Against Degradation and Wear. We can provide anti-vibration and anti-movement features to lock the screws in place, even on machinery that generates a lot of noise and vibration. This protects the O-ring against wear and tear.
- Expert Construction. We build our Seelskrew® with silicone rubber O-rings that fit into a custom-engineered groove on the screw. Clients can also choose from a range of O-ring materials.
- Compressibility. The Seelskrew® requires a total compression of less than 20% of its original size when torqued.
- Easy Installation. Each Seelskrew® is pre-assembled before delivery for fast, easy installation.
O-Ring Screws Features and Benefits
O-ring screws are valuable tools that offer many features and benefits. They are just as easy to install as conventional fasteners, offer metal-to-metal contact for a durable connection, and can work with a wide variety of surface finishes. Some other key benefits of choosing the Seelskrew® from APM Hexseal include:
- A wide range of application-specific options during manufacturing, including a wide range of O-ring materials such as BUNA-N, Viton®, silicone rubber, and more; thread-locking add-ons for vibration resistance; and tamper-resistant heads
- Versatility in environments with temperatures of up to +500°F
- Ability to be reinstalled without degradation of the silicone O-ring
- Safe installation and uninstallation without the use of dangerous chemicals or difficult disposal requirements
- UL recognized and provide positive sealing, even in environments under pressure or vacuum