APM Hexseal Corporation is a leading provider of innovative sealing solutions, designing and manufacturing sealing hardware, bushings, and boots since 1947. Our company holds over 100 patents, with our product line including the IQ toggle switch boot, “trigger” circuit breaker boot, and Ultra Flex half- and full-toggle boots.
As part of our commitment to continuous improvement, our team is dedicated to quality during every step of product development and production. Learn more about our certifications, the quality standards and legislation we adhere to, and what quality really means at APM Hexseal.
Our company prioritizes both quality control and safety in our products and services, which is why we hold the following certifications:
- ISO 9001. As part of ISO 9000, this standard governs our quality management system, outlining the protocols for consistently producing components safely and efficiently without sacrificing quality. We hold this certification as part of our commitment to continuous improvement.
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL). A leading safety certification and consulting company with worldwide reach, UL conducts safety inspections per the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). In addition to safety validations, auditing, and testing, UL also offers training services to manufacturers and other businesses.
Quality Standard and Legislation Compliance
We also comply with the following industry standards and legislation to assure quality:
- NASM 82496. Along with the ISO 9001 standard, we comply with NASM 82496 to meet or exceed strict military quality requirements. Under the protocols of NASM 82496, our expert team of engineers tests our sealing products on-site to ensure they consistently meet NASM pressure- and time-related standards. When you purchase a NASM 82496-tested component from APM Hexseal, it comes with a testing certification and quality guarantee.
- RoHS. The Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive per the European Union limits the amount of harmful or difficult-to-dispose substances manufacturers can use in the production of goods. Our products are RoHS-compliant and maintain strict adherence to the cap on materials like cadmium, hexavalent chromium, lead, and mercury.
- Proposition 65. Per the California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA), we include warning labels on our products in compliance with California’s Proposition 65. This proposition requires that businesses disclose any material or product containing chemicals that may increase the risk of reproductive issues or cancer in consumers.
- Dodd-Frank. The 2010 Dodd-Frank legislation oversees conflict minerals, or those materials that cause or exacerbate conflict during mining and processing. We disclose any use of gold, tin, tantalum, and tungsten and minimize their use to the extent necessary for product manufacturing or performance.
- REACH. The EU’s Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation, and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) legislation requires that manufacturers disclose and register the exported chemicals that they use within their products. We comply with those measures for the optimal protection of human health.
- Toxic Substance and Control Act. We comply with the protocols of this EPA-governed act, which sets the standards for testing and recordkeeping related to the chemicals manufacturers use in their operations.
- POPs. APM Hexseal complies with the global regulations that the Stockholm Convention and Aarhus Protocol established regarding POPs, or Persistent Organic Pollutants. These substances are known to cause environmental or health-related harm.
APM Hexseal’s Commitment to Manufacturing Quality
Over the past 75 years, APM Hexseal has built a trusted reputation for quality. We’ve achieved this by establishing high quality goals for all our products and services, overseeing all stages of production, and continually and strategically improving our operations to surpass client expectations. Our team has a global reach, with a domestic and international distribution network and sales representation. We continue to grow our line of high-performance products, maintaining a catalog of more than 1,000 National Stock Numbers. The expert engineering, machine shop, and technical support staff at APM Hexseal can also work with you to develop custom sealing solutions for your unique application.
To ensure the highest achievable quality in our products, we offer everything from initial design consultations to production and evaluations under one roof. We provide prototyping services to ensure that products meet your specifications prior to full-scale production, and we test all of our sealing solutions in-house for optimal quality control. APM Hexseal also partners with external certification organizations for your convenience. Whether a standard sealing component will suit your needs or you require assistance developing and manufacturing a custom product, we’re here to help.
Quality Products & Services at APM Hexseal
Even under the harshest conditions, sealing hardware, bushings, and boots from APM Hexseal provide lasting quality for reliable performance. Contact us with any questions on our standards and certifications, or request a quote today to start your order for our quality sealing solutions. Ever Better.