To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mold and Tooling Manager
APM Hexseal Corp. is a growing ISO 9001 certified manufacturer of complex elastomeric molded products for the sealing and protection of electrical, industrial and commodity components.
We are looking for a Mold and Tooling Manager in our Englewood, NJ location.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with extensive experience working in a Tool Room environment. The position will be a working in a supervisory role and support and direct the Tool room Team. This is a “hands on” role where the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate ability to plan, program, set and implement machining tasks on a variety of CNC and manual machines. A strong background in manual machining techniques is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Competent and safe operation of various standard milling machines, lathes, saws and surface grinders used in the shop.
- Set-Up, Programming, and Operation of CNC milling machines, CNC Lathes, and manual EDM machines. Interpret and apply customer-supplied part drawings, and computer files.
- Participate in the Mold design phase, including materials, gates, vents, parting lines, overall mold size, shrinkage, heat transfer properties.
- Build, debug and maintain high quality molds for compression, transfer and injection molding, based on feedback from production, quality and customer requirements.
- Housekeeping, ensuring machine centers and personal tools are orderly.
- Recommend and purchase tools as required to increase quality and productivity.
- Participate in corrective / preventive action reviews.
- Meet schedule commitments (on-time build)
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years supervising Mold and tool construction (layout and build)
- Computer literate / CAD literate
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong commitment to Safety, Quality, and Productivity from his team.
- Good teamwork, organization and communication skills
- Good math skills, able to lead others.
- Must be fluent in English, in addition, Spanish speaking desired.
- Inventory control
- Order picking
- Receive and log incoming packages
- Pick, properly package and weigh outgoing customer orders, using barcode scale system and designated freight carrier software (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.).
- Pick and prepare items being sent to outside contractors for third party services.
- Cycle count/adjust inventory as required
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 1 year of shipping/receiving/warehouse experience.
- Familiarity with UPS and FedEx software
- Ability to lift at least 50 LBS.
- High School degree or equivalency
- General manufacturing plant and warehouse conditions